December 10, 2010

19 Months

Madelyn is at such a fun age right now. At 19 months:
she weights 24 pounds
wears size 4 diapers
wears size 5- 5 1/2 shoes
wears size 12 month and 18 month clothes
has all her teeth except her 2 year molars
loves to be the center of attention
loves to put on a show
knows how to "work" people to get what she wants (especially her grandparents)
loves to be chased
she says the funniest things, the other day we were upstairs walking to our bedroom and keyser was downstairs whining and Madelyn looked through the banister at him and said "oh just hush". I think the way she says things makes it even funnier because she is very sassy. She has also become quite bossy lately but she is polite too. She says please and thank you and sometimes yes mam (even to men) I guess I should start working on yes sir. She will hand me something and say thank you, if I'm not paying attention she will stand there and say thank you thank you over and over until I take it. She always wants a bite of what I have to eat. She loves to drink out of straw like a big girl. When she wants someone to come with her she says hand or she will call them like a dog and pat the side of her leg and make a clicking noise (like I do at the back door when calling Keyser) it's so funny. She loves taking care of her babies and pushing them in the stroller or in her car. She has a new obsession with horses to go along with her obsessions of cats and dogs. She still loves Keyser and tries to ride him like a horse. She likes to take bags (grocery bags, gifts bags, purses, etc) and walk around the house and say bye bye and wave. I love to just watch her play. She says so many different things now but my favorite is I love you, it's the sweetest sound Ive ever heard. The next sweetest sound is her laughing, I wish I could just bottle it up so I could listen to that sweet baby laugh forever. She's so funny the way she does things and what she says. Sometimes when she gets in trouble and I'm talking to her about it she will try to grab my face with both hands and kiss me, I have to turn my head because it's so funny but she's in trouble.She has been getting in more trouble lately because we will tell her not to do something and then she smiles and does it anyway. She is just a little hardheaded and knows exactly what she wants. I can definitely see the terrible twos starting to come out in her already. Madelyn is so busy all day long and full of energy, by the time she's in bed I'm ready for bed because she wears me out. I would have never thought my sweet little baby would be able to wear me out but that sweet little baby has turned into a sweet little toddler with a lot of energy, a lot to say, some tantrums and a whole lot of love. I just wish I could slow down time because my baby is getting so big so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment