December 18, 2010

Holiday Craziness

From a couple days before Thanksgiving until after New Years I feel like my life is complete ciaos. We have been so busy lately. We had pictures with Santa, which didnt go great because that was the start of Madelyn's double ear infection that would not go away (when my child is sick she does not smile for the camera) but we did end up with a few great pictures.Then the day before Thanksgiving we had my dad's birthday then Thanksgiving then Pop's birthday and then the Auburn Alabama game. War Eagle!!! Then Papa came into town to visit for mom's birthday. This is when we had our family photo shoot for the Christmas card and Madelyn just wanted to play with Grandma not take pictures, as seen in the picture below.

 She just wanted to take pictures with her grandparents that do not spoil her one bit. Ha!
  and take pictures with Papa because he's lots of fun too

We went to the mall and Mymy took us on the carousel. Madelyn just looked at everything and held onto her horsey. Then when it stopped she tried to shake her horse to make in go.
I've been doing a ton of monogramming. So much that my house has been a wreck for weeks but I can not complain because this is a good problem to have when trying to start a little home based business. This is the link  for my monogramming website if anybody is interested.  http://whatsthemonkeysay.blogspot.com/
It is still a work in progress but I wanted to get something up and going before the Holidays.I'm also still doing some real estate too, so if anybody wants to buy or sell a house just give me a call. 
We got our Christmas tree put up and Madelyn tried to eat the lights (weird, I know) so we have a huge homemade gate keeping her and Keyser (he likes to eat the ornaments) out of the dinning room.I did'nt put my beautiful nativity scene out this year because I knew baby Jesus would end up getting thrown across the house and the animals would disappear. I kept the decorations inside to a minimal but Spencer made up for it when he put up the outside lights and decorations. Let's just say our house is very bright and you turn on to our street and say wow now those people love Christmas. I think it looks beautiful and so does Madelyn. Madelyn had her Christmas party at Mother's day out. She loves going now, she goes in and starts playing not even caring that I leave. Then when I come to pick her up she's never ready to leave and always gives her teacher and her little friends hugs and kisses, that's my sweet girl. 
Last weekend we had our neighborhood group Christmas get together at Cocina's. We had such a great time and are so blessed to have such wonderful neighbors that have children that all play good together.
A few days ago Madelyn's cousins came home from Brazil for Christmas. She was not sure about having to share Mymy with two other little girls but she got over that quick. Her and Aubry played together all night while Paisley slept from their long trip home. On Friday we took the girls to get their picture taken and oh what an adventure that was. Madelyn was super clingy and whiny which she hardly ever acts like that, so I just knew it was going to be hard to get good pictures. Just imagine a 18 month old, 20 month old and a 3 year old all in one picture, smiling and looking at the camera. I do not know what that is like because Madelyn started screaming as soon as we put her in the chair. Yes my happy go lucky smiley baby cried and screamed for pictures. It was exhausting. We finally got a few good pictures and a lot of hilarious ones. I think my favorite was the one with Aubry in the middle smiling like a little angel, Madelyn running out of the picture and Paisley throwing her head back crying. When we finally got home from taking pictures and Madelyn woke up from her nap she had a 101.8 fever! No wonder she was so awful when we were taking pictures, I felt like the worst mom ever. Spencer and I had plans to go to his office Christmas party but since Madelyn was feeling so bad I did'nt go. Spencer took us to my parents house so they could take me to get my car and he had to go solo to the party. The picture below is Madelyn and Keyser (he had to go to my parents house too, he loves being there) in the back seat of Spencer's car. Madelyn's motrin kicked in and as soon as I pulled out my camera she started saying cheese cheese and smiling so big. Really child? After the disaster we this morning and now you decide to put it on for the camera. We got to my parents house and Madelyn was acting fine, of course. Then I called the car people to see when my car would be ready since they had told me it would be ready at noon and it was now 5:30. They informed me that it would be ready tomorrow by noon at the latest. Great! Now we have no way home. We put up some ornaments on my parents tree and played and then Madelyn started feeling bad again. I took her temp and it was 103.1! I gave her some more medicine and my parents took us home so Madelyn could get a good night's rest. That did not happen she was up all night, then woke up at 5:30 screaming boo boo. I asked her where her boo boo was and she pointed to her nose. I thought ok why does her nose hurt? I put her in our bed and she finally slept for a while. She woke up and ate breakfast and played all morning. Now she's down for a nap and has not had a temp all day. Oh and before her nap I called to see if my car was ready so we could go get it then come home to take a nap, no it won't be ready for a couple more hours. 30 minutes later as I'm putting Madelyn down for her nap the lady calls and says my car is ready. Really lady? Now I'm going to have to wake up my running a 103.1 temp child from her nap early. So we plan to go get my car then go to the cousins Christmas party if Madelyn is not running a temp. Then tomorrow it's off to church in the morning then lunch then nap for Madelyn while I show a house and then off the Chase's 4th birthday party. This week I have to finish all my monogramming orders, finish Christmas shopping, which I'm almost done with and take Madelyn to zoo light safari.Oh I love this crazy busy life of mine and all the people in it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment