December 1, 2010

Sick Baby

Madelyn has been sick for what seems like forever. We went to the doctor before Thanksgiving and she had a double ear infection or as Madelyn calls it a boo boo in her ear. She started taking amoxicillin and I thought she would be feeling better in no time. Well she kept saying she had a boo boo in her ear still and then Sunday night she woke up screaming and had a temperature of 104.3. We were up all night and went to the doctor first thing on Monday morning. Turns out the amoxicillin did nothing and her ears were even worse than better and on top of that she has the fever virus. We got some different antibiotics to take and have been taking motrin/tylenol every 3-4 hours to keep her fever down. The past two nights she has ended up in our bed sleeping on one of our chests. I know you are not supposed to let your child sleep in your bed (we made that mistake with the dog) but she screams in pain if she's not propped up and I was so tired last night that I feel asleep in our bed trying to get her to sleep. I think she is finally starting to feel a little better because she is in her bed taking a nap. I'm so ready for my happy smiley healthy baby to be back in action.
 Piled on the couch with her Keysie, blankie, frog and juice.
 There is a little smile to go with those sick little eyes
Oh how she loves this dog

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. That sounds terrible. I always let the girls come get in bed with us when they're not feeling well. Special circumstances call for special mesures. We'll be praying that God heals her soon.
    Peace and Protection and Good Health to your family,
    Mary V

    ReplyDelete