December 24, 2010

New phone and a little drama

Today I had a few last minute errands to run so after Madelyn woke up from her nap off we went. We met Spence at best buy to get me a new phone, that's right I no longer have the phone that takes me five minutes to type a short text. I have the fancy dancy  Droid incredible by htc and no I do not know how to use it but I have it. It was a little early Christmas present from my sweet hubby. We were in best buy a lot longer than I thought we would be. Madelyn did not want to sit still so Spencer chased her around best buy while I got everything from my old phone switched over to my new one. I really just wanted my contacts and my pictures ( I have baby pics of M and puppy pictures of Keyser on that phone) but the guy said he would switch everything over. OK I didn't think there was anything else to switch over but he's the phone tech guy so I just said ok. After we leave the store I go to the gas station to get some gas when I get my first text on my new phone. As I'm pumping gas I'm trying to figure out how to check my message and then I see the message from one of my girlfriends- ????. I thought that's weird why would she send that. Then Spencer calls me to ask why I just sent him 7 texts. Apparently when the tech guy transferred everything over, my new phone thought that the text messages that I had sent throughout the month from my old phone were new texts that needed to be sent again- all 100+ of them. So I have to call Verizon tomorrow and make sure I'm not charged for those.
As for my phone I love it and can't wait to be able to figure how to use it. Our next stop was Toys R Us. Yes dumb me thought it would be a good idea to take Madelyn who was getting hungry to a toy store two days before Christmas. All I have to say is DRAMA. We get inside and she does not want to get in the cart, after some kicking and yelling and me threatening she finally gets in the cart but she was ticked off. Of course it was complete ciaos in the store, I was going as fast as I could to grab the last few things needed and then we had to make a potty break before checking out. We come out of the bathroom and who does Madelyn see? This guy........

She was so excited saying Barney! Barney! I had to make a phone call and as I'm on the phone Madelyn is getting louder and louder yelling Barney Barney. Trying to calm her down I start handing out goldfish and candy which she throws on the floor only to scream louder for Barney. I was that mom in the store that people were looking at thinking "oh my gosh can't you shut your kid up". Smart me thinks ok give her Barney so she will quit screaming and I can get off the phone then we can check out and leave. As soon as I hand her Barney she is happy and starts hugging and kissing him. We get to the checkout and I'm putting everything on the counter and see that Madelyn has a death grip on Barney.
Me- "ok Madelyn give Barney to the nice lady so we can go"  and she gives him up. That was easy. As I hand her Barney I quietly say to the sales lady we are not getting him and Madelyn goes ballistic. I don't know how she heard me but she knew I was not planning on getting Barney and that I had tricked her. She was mad. This sweet little face below
started screaming at the top of her lungs Barney Barney Barney! I was so embarrassed, I could feel my face turning bright red. My child has never acted like this much less acted like this in public. What do I do- I panic saying to the poor sales lady ok we are getting Barney just scan him and give it to her. That's right I was that mom in the toy store who's kid is throwing the mother of all fits and I give in. Way to let your child know who is in charge. As I leave the store mortified, I look down to see Madelyn just loving on her new Barney that just cost who knows how much because I did not look at the price because we were not buying him. As we are waiting in line to get out of the parking lot I look back and see my sweet little angel has come back and I'm no longer dealing with a demon child. I whip out my new fancy phone that has a camera with flash and snap this...
So even though Barney had embarrassed me and made my child act a fool in public he has made her one happy little girl. Now I just need to remember not to panic and give in next time the monster child comes out of nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment