January 1, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was so much fun. We had a great time with all our family, had a blast watching Madelyn's excitement and were spoiled with so many wonderful gifts. Christmas eve Spencer, Madelyn and I opened our presents for each other at our house with Keyser right in the middle of everything.
 Her first My little pony, aka my horsey

So excited to help daddy open his present
My handsome boy
After opening our gifts to each other we packed up, loaded Madelyn and Keyser in the car and went to spend the night at my parents house.My sister and Brian picked up Superior grill for dinner which was super yummy, Dad built a fire, we had a Christmas story on and we just played. Spencer and I saved one more gift for Madelyn to open Christmas eve at my parent's house.
 Getting ALL the wrapping paper off first
 So excited over just the handle
 I wish I was this happy vacuuming
Posing with Grandpa
Madelyn and Aunt Sarah with a little Christmas cheer on their heads!
Madelyn stayed up very late playing and did not want to go to sleep. After she finally went to sleep I finished wrapping all our gifts as we watched hmmm something Christmasy on tv, I don't think anybody was watching because we were all talking too much. I finally got in bed at about 1 only to wake up at 6:15 Christmas morning to get ready for the day. Most people just jump out of bed and stay in their p.j. but since we have different places to be I like to go ahead and get ready for the day or else I wont ever get dressed. I used to be the one that my sister had to drag out of bed kicking and screaming to go see what Santa left us but now I have people to get ready and get going. We had to wake Madelyn up, she was so sleepy but she woke up as soon as she saw meow in the kitchen. She is obsessed with my parents cat, Max and has renamed him to meow. We got Spencer some coffee and Madelyn and I had some bacon and then we were off the Mymy and Pop's house. Everyone was looking at all the great things Santa brought when we got there.
Santa brought Madelyn a jumpy turtle that sings and plays music
 There were a few fights over toys that has to be refereed.
It's so had to share when you are 20 months old. We are working on that.
Madelyn's partner in crime. Madelyn loved playing with her cousins. She thinks Aubry is so funny and cool.
Checking out everyone's presents
After opening a million wonderful presents at MyMy and Pops we were off again, back to my parents house. We opened more presents there. Madelyn did not really care what was inside the boxes she just wanted to hand out gifts and take all the wrapping paper off of hers and then move on to the next one. 
 Madelyn got a Mack truck with trailer to haul all her stuff around from my parents
She the cutest little trucker I have ever seen.

After opening all our great gifts if was time to get ready for lunch. Brian's parents came over and we had a wonderful Christmas lunch together, which Madelyn yelled through because she was tired and did not want to eat. I was so proud. Madelyn took a nap, we ate some more, laid around, ate some more, looked at million dollar houses online and just had a relaxing afternoon and evening. We went back to our house and went to bed because this momma was tired and feeling sick. The next morning Madelyn and Spence went to church and I stayed in bed because I still did not feel good. That afternoon we went back to Mymy and Pops for the entire family Christmas (all of Spencer's cousins, aunts and uncles). Once again we had great food.
Mymy with all three of her babies!

After we all ate and cleaned up it was time to open presents again. I wish a had a picture of the tree with all the presents, no one in this family is spoiled at all! ha ha. We all got more presents than we should have. Sweet Daddy Bob went out and had bought all the women in the family beautiful necklaces for Christmas. I just think it's so sweet that he did that all on his own. I loved all my presents but the one that I am so excited about is my new floor cleaner, it's awesome. I have already used it and it works soo good, I didnt know my floors were so disgusting. I am also excited about all my new clothes and well really I'm excited about all my presents to tell the truth. 
All the family- minus a few
 
Oh and this would be Spencer's favorite present...
 
 
That's right we are going to the National Championship game in Arizona and we are so excited about this once in a lifetime trip. Not only are we excited about cheering on our Auburn tigers but I'm excited to just get away for a few days. I have never been away from Madelyn for over 24 hours if that and mama needs a vacation. Don't get me wrong I'm going to miss my girl every second that we are gone but I need to get away and spend time with just me and my sweet hubby. Spencer is so excited he can't stand it. I love seeing him so happy and excited.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such fun. That truck is too cool. Never seen one of those. Glad you got to go to the game and that Spence and Jordan had a chance to get together for lunch. It is hard leaving your baby behind, especially that first time. Hope she did well while you were gone.

    ReplyDelete