January 22, 2011

Potty Boot Camp

Last Friday Madelyn and I started the 3 day potty training program. I was a little skeptical at first but I had heard great things about it and decided it would be worth the time to take 3 days and just do it and never have to buy diapers again. It sounded pretty simple, there are two phrases that you say over and over again and your child is potty trained at the end of three days. Well day one was awful. Madelyn was peeing faster than I could clean up. It did not help that she is very stubborn, which she comes by honestly. I can remember my dad telling me on several occasions growing up that I was very hard headed and Spencer always tells me I'm stubborn. So the first day was like two bulls going head to head. I was ready to throw in the towel because I did not think it was going to work. But by the end of day three it just clicked with her. She hasn't had any accidents since Monday except for at night. The accidents at night are because she's stubborn and won't go potty before bed so we are still working on night time. She is so proud of her big girl panties. She is also very proud when she goes potty but not as proud as I am. She is such a big girl all of the sudden. Sometimes she uses her little potty and sometimes she goes on the big potty. It was a rough couple of days and at times she would be so mad and at times I was mad but we got through it and my baby is now potty trained and we don't have to buy diapers anymore!!  I am so so so proud of my little potty princess!!
Big girl in her big girl panties!

Fake smiling for the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment