January 6, 2011

Madelyn's new obsession

would be this...
her new playhouse with swing set that Mymy and Mama Lou got her for Christmas. She loves it. All I hear all day is swing swing. Every morning she goes to the backdoor to make sure it is still there and that's when it starts, "swing swing". She does not care if it's raining, freezing or dark outside she wants to swing. We have been bundling up and swinging in the freezing cold and the dark. I need to get her a mask or something for her little face because it always gets so cold. When I know she's freezing I ask her if she wants to go inside for a little while to warm up and she always says "no swing, push". If she's got going high enough then she says "push push". She knows what she wants to do and she wants to swing high.
 I can't believe she can climb this ladder. Six months ago she couldn't even walk!
She climbs up herself but if I'm standing there she yells "help help".
She loves sliding down and playing in the little house. She looks out the window and yells "I see you"
But she loves to swing the most.
All the neighborhood kids love her new swing set as well. We are going to be a popular house once it warms up. Of course Banner, her friend across the street doesn't mind the cold either, he just wants to play. The first day he saw it he came over and said "oh look what Mr. Spencer built for me, I love it". He is such a funny little boy and we love that he comes to play.
I can't wait for it to warm up some so I don't have to stand in the freezing cold pushing our little princess!

1 comment:

  1. Such a good mommy to take her out to "swing, swing"! Hopefully it will warm up soon! She'll enjoy this for years! And as you said, so will the neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete